Category Counteroffensive 2023

Fake: Ukraine’s President Zelensky Disappointed with Country’s Counteroffensive

Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy has not issued any statements about
any counteroffensive "failure". He has stressed that the war in Ukraine is
"not a Hollywood movie" and that the lives of Ukrainian citizens are at
stake.

Read MoreFake: Ukraine’s President Zelensky Disappointed with Country’s Counteroffensive

Manipulation: Defense Minister Reznikov Doesn’t Expect Too Much From Ukrainian Counteroffensive

Minister Reznikov did not make such statements in his interview with the Nashe Vremya media outlet, but only said that this counteroffensive would not be a lightning campaign like the Kherson and Kharkiv campaigns, and that Ukrainian commanders would gradually accomplish their tasks.

Read MoreManipulation: Defense Minister Reznikov Doesn’t Expect Too Much From Ukrainian Counteroffensive

Fake: Germany’s Rheinmetall Shares Fall Drastically After Ukraine’s Failed Counteroffensive

Data from the Frankfurt Stock Exchange data shows that the value of
Rheinmetall group's shares fluctuated, and no sharp drops have been noted.
The Ukrainian military highly appreciates the quality of German weapons,
and Rheinmetall AG is planning to increase production, as demand for its
products is growing, driven by the Russian war in Ukraine.

Read MoreFake: Germany’s Rheinmetall Shares Fall Drastically After Ukraine’s Failed Counteroffensive

What’s behind this fake advert calling on North Africans to fight in Ukraine to get EU citizenship

Since May 21, a number of posts online have been claiming that an advertisement posted on the British jobs website Adzuna offers proof that Western countries are recruiting mercenaries in Africa and the Middle East to go and fight in Ukraine. However, we investigated and determined that this post isn't real.

Read MoreWhat’s behind this fake advert calling on North Africans to fight in Ukraine to get EU citizenship

Fake: West Needs to Plan for Ukraine’s Future As If Its Counteroffensive Already Failed…

The Foreign Affairs article does not address a need to plan Ukraine's future after a failed counteroffensive. This conclusion was fabricated by Russian propagandists. The authors of the article discuss the need for the West to plan long-term support for Ukraine, as there is currently no clear plan for what will happen after the counteroffensive. However, the United States and other European countries have repeatedly stated they will support Ukraine for as long as necessary.

Read MoreFake: West Needs to Plan for Ukraine’s Future As If Its Counteroffensive Already Failed…

Fake: NATO Certain Ukrainian Counteroffensive Will Fail

Former Commander of US Forces in Europe, Ben Hodges, said nothing about the "future failure" of the Ukrainian counteroffensive. On the contrary, the general expressed cautious optimism regarding the effectiveness of the Ukrainian army in operations against Russian occupiers.

Read MoreFake: NATO Certain Ukrainian Counteroffensive Will Fail

Fake: Ukrainian Counteroffensive Will Suffer a Crushing Defeat

The Kremlin media completely distorted a recent Financial Times article, claiming British experts were predicting a crushing defeat for the planned Ukrainian counteroffensive. The FT did discuss the counteroffensive, but mostly in the context of what difficulties the Ukrainian military will face. The article's conclusion is that if the Ukrainian attack is fast and brutal, then the front line will spread and the Russians will flee, just as they did during the counteroffensive near Kharkiv last year.

Read MoreFake: Ukrainian Counteroffensive Will Suffer a Crushing Defeat