Latest fact checks – From across the internet
No, USAID didn’t pay Hollywood actors millions to visit Ukraine
Our rating: Manipulated media
The video is a fabrication that wasn’t reported or published by E! News, a company spokesperson said. The video is consistent with material created by a Russia-aligned influence campaign, disinformation experts said.
Where Is the Missing $100 Billion in U.S. Aid for Ukraine?
On February 2, President Volodymyr Zelensky of Ukraine said he had only received $75 billion of the $175 billion the United States had spent on Ukraine. The cry went up, what happened to the other $100 billion? Was it lost or stolen? The answer is no. Only part of the aid goes through Ukrainian control. A large part pays for activities as a result of the war but not to Ukraine directly. These include the United States training of Ukrainian forces, global humanitarian assistance, additional costs of U.S. surge forces in Europe, and intelligence support for both NATO and Ukraine.
As CSIS has reported before, “aid to Ukraine” is a misnomer because 90 percent of military aid is spent in the United States. Of aid overall, 60 percent is spent in the United States, about 25 percent is spent in Ukraine, and the final 15 percent is spent globally.
False claims USAID paid celebs to visit Ukraine linked to Russian disinformation campaign
WHAT WAS CLAIMED: E! News published a video stating celebrities received funds from USAID to visit Ukraine.
OUR VERDICT: False. The video is fake and there’s no evidence USAID funded the visits.

About us
Ukraine Fact Check is an independent project tracking viral claims about Ukraine. We trace reports back to the source, and give readers tools they can use to judge for themselves where the truth lies.
We believe in accuracy and transparency. Our goal is to empower members of the public to make informed decisions with the most complete information possible.
Send us a link
Got questions about a news item? Want to send us a link to a useful article or resource?
Send it to us using this form:
Resources
Latest resources – From across the internet
Doctored photo shared alongside claims that ‘Putin Pub in Jerusalem renamed after Zelensky’
Social media posts shared multiple times claim a bar in Jerusalem called “Putin Pub” was renamed “Zelenskiy Pub” — using an alternative spelling of Ukraine President Volodymyr Zelensky’s surname — following Russia’s invasion of Ukraine in late-February 2022. However, the image shared alongside the posts was doctored to add the Ukrainian president’s surname in place of where the Russian president’s surname had been. One of the bar’s operators told AFP on March 9 they had taken down the sign that said “Putin”. On March 10, the bar was renamed “Generation Pub”.
AFP photo from West Bank falsely shared as ‘Ukrainian child throwing stones at Russian tank’
A photo of a child throwing a stone at a tank has been shared repeatedly in Chinese-language posts on Twitter, Facebook, and Weibo alongside a claim it shows the Ukrainian resistance against Russia’s invasion. This is false: the photo was taken by an AFP journalist in 2002 and actually shows a Palestinian child throwing a stone at an Israeli tank.