Latest fact checks – From across the internet
Ukraine crisis: A low-cost disinformation campaign aids Putin’s playbook
How then can the well-oiled Russian machine produce such “low-cost” disinformation? “Simply because, for the moment, the Russian authorities do not need to do better.” […]
What’s more, it’s not so much the quality as the quantity of disinformation that matters. “The goal is to create so many different – and sometimes even contradictory – versions of what is happening at the border that no one can really distinguish the true from the false anymore.”
Marjorie Taylor Greene falsely claims Ukraine was ‘No. 1 donor’ to Hillary Clinton’s 2016 campaign
Hillary Clinton’s 2016 presidential campaign did not report receiving any donations from the Ukrainian government or Ukrainian nationals. Those donations would have been illegal.
A spokesperson for Marjorie Taylor Greene cited a 2015 Wall Street Journal graphic that has been frequently misrepresented online. The chart shows donations to the Clinton Foundation between 1999 and 2014 by the nationality of the individuals who made them; it does not say anything about donations to the foundation by foreign governments.
The Clinton Foundation said it has never received donations from Ukraine’s government.
Our ruling
Greene said, “Ukraine was the No. 1 donor to Hillary Clinton when she was running for president.”
Clinton’s 2016 presidential campaign did not report any donations from Ukraine or Ukrainian nationals ‘ a move that would have broken the law. Asked for evidence to support Greene’s claim, the congresswoman’s spokesperson did not cite any campaign donations.
He pointed instead to a Wall Street Journal chart that mapped large individual donations between 1999 and 2014 to the Clinton Foundation, a nonprofit organization. The chart was a ranking of the top foreign donors by nationality, not contributions from foreign governments.
The Clinton Foundation said it has never received any funding from the Ukrainian government.
We rate Greene’s statement False.
FAKE: The DPR (Donetsk People’s Republic) militants repulsed attack by Ukrainian saboteurs near Horlivka – video
Reports of a sabotage near Horlivka are a provocation spread by the DPR and Russia.
Via verifying the video metadata, we found out that it had been taken beforehand.
A process of verifying on the Metadata2go resource showed that the video had been created on February 8, 2022. And the militants published it as an evidence of the sabotage on February 18. That is to say, that the provocation has been prepared earlier.

About us
Ukraine Fact Check is an independent project tracking viral claims about Ukraine. We trace reports back to the source, and give readers tools they can use to judge for themselves where the truth lies.
We believe in accuracy and transparency. Our goal is to empower members of the public to make informed decisions with the most complete information possible.
Send us a link
Got questions about a news item? Want to send us a link to a useful article or resource?
Send it to us using this form:
Resources